Once you land on the best desktop controllers in the market, you want them to serve you for as long as possible. Achieving this goal requires that you give these devices the best care. But what exactly do you need to do? How do you ensure your joysticks serve you for a long time? In this post, we shall be looking at a few tips you should use when caring for your joysticks.
- Keep them clean. The mistake most people make is failing to clean their desktop controllers every now and then. Your joysticks don’t need to be covered in grime for you to think about cleaning them. Regularly wiping down your joystick with a soft, damp cloth will help remove dirt, dust, and fingerprints. Removing the dirt will keep your controller from getting stuck. However, as you clean your joystick, always avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they can damage the joystick.
- Store it properly: How you store your hall effect joysticks will determine how well they serve you. When you are not using your joystick, store it in a dry, cool place to prevent damage from humidity, heat, or other environmental factors. You also need to make sure that there is no tension on the springs. The joystick should be stored with the stick in a neutral position.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Just like all electronic devices, high temperatures can easily damage your joystick. When storing or using them, never expose your joysticks to extreme temperatures. Use them within the recommended temperature range. Direct sunlight or using the device near a heat source can damage the internal components.
- Don’t drop it: This is more of common sense than a tip. When dropped, any electronic device can get damaged. Dropping your joystick can cause serious damage to the internal components. You need to be careful when transporting or moving your joysticks around. Never leave them at the edge of the desk where they can easily be toppled.
- Calibrate it regularly: Last but not least, you will have to take time to calibrate your joysticks every now and then. Joysticks require calibration to ensure they work properly. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for details on how to calibrate your joystick and how often you should do it.
Following these tips will guarantee that you get the most from your desktop controllers. However, it is important to note that joysticks have a lifespan. When nothing you do seems to fix the problem, chances are your joystick has come to the end of the road. You will have to buy a new one.