The search for the best fingertip hall effect joysticks is never a walk in the park. There are so many considerations you have to make. These considerations range from the brand you should buy from to whether the joystick will be able to meet your demands. In this post, we will be looking at some of the most fundamental considerations you must make in order to find the joystick that is perfect for you. Let’s get started.
Think about the functionalities
Before you start shopping for fingertip hall effect joysticks, it is always good to think about the functionalities the ideal joystick should have. This information will keep you from being overwhelmed by the sheer number of joystick options already on the market. To determine the functionality, you need, you have to answer the following questions:
- How often will you be using the joystick? If you will be using it daily and for long hours, you will have to focus on ruggedized joysticks.
- Which functions should the joystick be able to perform? This will depend on how you will be using the joystick. Do you need it for panning the CCTV camera or for a complex task like robotic operations?
- How many axes will you need?
- How many switch stages should the joystick have?
Consider the environment you will be using the joystick
Now that you have the information on functionality, the next thing you will have to do is think about the environment you will be using the joystick in. Most users forget about this important point. As a result, they end up with joysticks that require replacing every few months or even weeks. To avoid this scenario, you have to buy a joystick with your work environment in mind.
- Will you be using the joystick in an area that is too dusty? If you will, then you need a joystick that is dustproof.
- Do you need the joystick for areas with high moisture levels? A waterproof joystick will be ideal for this.
- Does your work environment have extreme temperatures?
- Do you need the joysticks to be saltwater resistant?
- Will the joystick be in direct contact with oil or UV radiation?
The industry you will be using the joystick in
The joystick you purchase has to be specific to what you need it for. For example, a ruggedized joystick will be required if you plan on using the joystick for hours at a time. An industry-specific joystick will also be equipped to withstand the pressure of your work environment. Don’t forget to think about the installation requirements. The joystick you purchase has to be compatible with your system.
Fingertip Hall Effect Joysticks